JEB Little Creek MWR Aquatics is offering an American Red Cross Blended Learning Lifeguarding Course from May 28 to May 30. All courses are offered over three days: Friday 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Participants must register separately for a pre-requisite swim and a lifeguarding course. The pre-requisite swim must be passed before continuing to the lifeguarding course. Any date of pre-requisite swim may be chosen to qualify for a lifeguarding course as long as the re-requisite swim precedes the lifeguarding course.
Prerequisite Swim Registration: free with lifeguard courses
- Must be 15 years old on or before the last day of the course session.
- Must complete all online content before the beginning of the first class.
- Prerequisite swims will be offered at 6 p.m. at Pierside Pool on Friday, May 21, Friday, June 4, Friday, June 9 and Friday, August 20.
- Prerequisite swims may be counted towards any lifeguarding course starting after the date of the swim.
Blended Learning Lifeguard Course: $150
- Registration refunds may be offered if the participant fails to pass the pre-requisite swim test.
- All online content must be completed before the first in-person session.
- All courses are offered over 3 days; participants must be present at all 3 sessions in order to earn a certification.
Registrations will be accepted at Pierside and Rockwell Hall Gym.
For more information, please call 757-462-7478.
All MWR physical activities follow the latest HPCON status for practicing safe physical distancing and patron limitations. Face coverings are required at all events.